A few reminders to help everyone enjoy the season:
1. The game is for the KIDS. Let’s all be positive and encourage our children to do their best and to have fun. Our example is their best teacher.
2. Our coaches are all volunteers and trying to do their best. Please respect the game and the efforts of your coaches.
3. Parents are encouraged to cheer and not coach from the stands. Only Coaches should be coaching players during a game. Parent coaching during a game leads to confusion and distracts players from enjoying the experience.
4. Basketball is a team sport. Respect the coaches and teammates by getting your children to their games and practices on time.
5. Referees vary in experience and age. We have a good core of referees and are always training new referees by pairing them with more experienced ones - be respectful and allow them to do their job. If you disagree with a call and want to discuss it, bring it up to the coach who then can respectfully talk to the referees - and if coaches are not satisfied, they will bring up your issues with your division director who will then talk to the head of referees.
6. Communicate with your player, other players and parents, and coaches. If you do not understand something - ask! I am more than willing to discuss issues with parents, but please respect the chain of command - as appropriate, please bring up your issues with your coaches, then division director, then myself.
7. Have FUN. This is not the NBA. College and pro scouts are not showing up at our games. Relax and enjoy the kids having a great time.
If we all do our part, I am confident that, as in years past, we will have a terrific basketball season and our children will once again have a great positive experience. Please join me in helping to provide our kids, our volunteers and parents with a fun, fair, safe and family friendly experience.